I am always getting teased about my rear....

I am always getting teased about my rear....
I am always getting teased about my rear. Bullies are problem for everyone at sometime in their life. It is what you do about them that makes a Victor or a Victim.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Names hurt and words cause pain

The man in the photo is Buck Brannaman, he is famous.  He also knows about growing up being bullied because it happened to him.  It was so bad that he and his brother were put in a foster home.
I got to spend time with him this summer, he was my teacher.  While he is tough and will tell it like it is, he is also kind, consistent, and fair.  In my class the was one horse being ridden by a guy who was a bully.  He yanked and kicked his horse too much.  He called his horse "stupid, lazy, good for nothing, dumb" and many other things.  I got upset just going by him because he was so rude.  My rider told him he should treat his horse nicer, he just glared at her and continued to bully his horse.  I had enough! I walked over to where Buck was and made my rider tell him about the mean man.  Buck proceeded to intervene on the horse's behalf.  He told the rider that his horse was just behaving the way he told it that it was.  If he wanted better from his horse, he had to be a better human first.  He also told him that if he didn't behave better he would get a big time out!  It worked, the man quit bullying his horse and was much nicer.
Sometimes you have to help another being get help.  You have to speak up for them, tell someone who can help them if that doesn't work.  DON'T BE SILENT WHEN YOU SEE BULLYING BECAUSE IN A WAY THAT MAKES YOU A BULLY TOO!
"Courage is fire, bullying is smoke"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to the horse